Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bourges, France and odds & ends

Wow, I started this blog over a year ago now. I am currently back in the USA! I still have a lot to blog about from my trip, but I am also happily working away at building up my photography business.

Back to Europe...

We took a weekend road trip to visit one of the Foyer's former residents who now lives in Bourges, France. It was a very interesting weekend to say the least. 
First we started out with a little trip to the market to buy food for the weekend.
I miss french cheese now, it costs $11 in the US!!!!!!!

Then we finally arrive in Borges!
We did a good bit of wandering around and playing.

Here's a little video of my turn on the twirly thingy....


They went dumpster-diving, I don't really have an explanation for it. Can you see that I am clearly keeping my distance all the way across the street?This is my all time favorite picture from the trip. William is thanking Spiderman (pronounced "speeder-mon" in France) for all his good work. And only in France would you see Spiderman with a baguette and William holding a bottle of wine on the street.This apartment is where some of the lifelong bonding happened. Some of it happened over a 7 day old bowl of rice and rotten peach pits. I didn't dare photograph that. Also I like how in the following video, we took down the red "E" in the word Ghetto and replaced it with a hand drawn "E". You could almost call it art now.  Oh and I forgot the most important part of the video. Antoine taught himself how to play the guitar by watching youtube videos. I guess you could say the other two musicians are also self taught....



We took a few group pictures when we took William and the Elf to the train station. I can't really explain to you why we call him the Elf. It's just not possible. 

So I realize there are several points in this blog that I said "I just can't explain it..." So I apologize but it was great to be in France long enough to make good friends and have inside jokes. You can check out the facebook album for a few more pictures from Borges. Not too many (by my standards) but a very pretty cathedral, garden and some more good fun.



http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2366266&id=12604326&l=42dabe34b8

Also I just thought I'd share a picture I took with my cell phone, then emailed to myself of my friends in France talking to me on skype. Complicated? Yes, but that is France, and I am part French now!



No comments: